Father's Day Roundup

Father's Day is a day when we're able to recognize the important men in our lives, whether it be your actual father, father-in-law, grandpa, your baby daddy, or someone who fulfills the father role in your life. This year Father's Day is important in our house because it is the first Father's Day for Adam (last year we semi-celebrated the fact that he would soon be a father). This year, on Father's Day, we are also celebrating Moira's first birthday with our family and friends that will be able to join us. So, since most of the day will be about Moira, we'll celebrate Saturday evening instead and on Sunday morning with a hearty man breakfast!

I'm not entirely sure what Adam will want for dinner (still waiting on an answer), but I've rounded up some of his favorites I have posted on the blog so that you might be able to find inspiration for the important man (or men) in your life. I'm kicking it off with dessert because Adam LOVES his sugar!

These are Adam's favorite brownies I make. Fudgy in the center, crispy on the top, and loaded with chocolate chips.



Another one of Adam's favorite bars. Anytime I ask him what he'd like me to make for dessert, these are at the top of his list.


Chocolate chip cookies with a gooey molten center?? Makes Adam weak in the knees. If I ever needed a "Get Out Of Jail FREE" card, these cookies would do the trick.


Adam LOVES camping. Being outdoorsy and manly. And not having to shave all the time. I'm not brave enough to do that with our wee one (she still wants to put too many things in her mouth), so he will have to wait until next summer. But I can bring a small part of the camping experience to him by making these bars at home.


Burgers are a total man food. Hearty, juicy, and the grill is involved. Oooh, flames.


A family favorite that is marinated and then cooked to perfection, served up with a side of Bacon Fried Rice!


It's not all about the grill for the guys. I mean who could say no to layers of meat, melted cheese, and carbs??


Every time I make crunchy tacos, I always have to make sure I have soft flour tortillas and refried beans on hand so Adam can assemble himself some Taco Bravos



As for sides?? Adam almost completely devoured these onion rings and thinks I should whip up a batch or two on a whim so he can snack on them.


And of course Marty 'da kine' Steak wouldn't be the same if it wasn't served with this rice. But it also goes great with pretty much any meal.



Comments