Chocolate Chocolate Brownies


I have another food confession. I don't really like desserts. Anything sugary really. I have more of a salt tooth than a sweet tooth, but that doesn't mean I never eat sugar or goodies or bon-bons because I DO. It just doesn't happen very often. I do have a couple weaknesses (like chocolate with gooey caramel or chocolate with peanut butter or sometimes just chocolate or ICE CREAM).

These brownies also fit into my weakness category. They are chocolate and you COULD make them with some peanut butter or caramel and you can definitely eat them with ice cream. However, I make them only chocolate. Why? Why would I not add peanut butter or caramel? Because it is easier for me to resist eating a whole pan of these. Not putting in caramel or peanut butter is a safety net for me. But if you need no safety net, then please, add away!

These brownies are decadent, dense, fudgy, and have that wonderfully crispy layer on top. The edge pieces (in case you're that kind of person) are nice and crunchy with a little center of chewiness heaven. One of my favorite things about making this recipe is that I don't have to wait for butter to come to room temperature. You melt it. Another thing I love? Eight ingredients. Yup. You read right. Eight. Almost as easy as opening a box of brownie mix, but, oh, so much more delectable.


Chocolate Chocolate Brownies

1 cup butter, melted
3 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup+ semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Grease 9x13 baking dish (I use glass). In a large bowl, combine melted butter and sugar. Add in vanilla extract and eggs. Mix until completely combined. In a smaller bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Add to the butter mixture. Mix well. Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan and flatten into an even layer. Sprinkle with more chocolate chips and give them a light tap to make sure they stick to the batter. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the edges are crispy and the center doesn't jiggle (I find that the toothpick trick doesn't really work here because the center will still be slightly gooey until fully cooled). Cool for about 6-8 hours before cutting because if you don't, you will have a huge gooey mess. I like to bake these before I go to bed so they can cool overnight. Not that I eat one for breakfast or anything like that...

Source: Adapted from Allrecipes

Comments

Post a Comment