Creamy Cucumber Dill Dip

Now, I realize it has been forever since I posted a new recipe. #shameonme
But in all honesty, I've been doing the usual, aaaaand taking care of me. For once. #sorryimnotsorry
I've been participating in Sarah Jenks' Live More Weigh Less Challenge that's been going on this month. It's all about doing something fun for you DAILY. And helping to give you a better relationship with food and ultimately yourself and those around you. Let me tell you that it has been awesome. It is the track that I've been inching towards since the beginning of the year. And her month-long challenge has given me that extra "push". To learn more, go check out her site HERE.

Now, my current struggle is finding time for the blog. But I love the blog and it is something I do for me. And anyone who wants to read it. So, I know I must make it a priority. Ha! Take that laundry! Which unfortunately will always be a priority because it's awkward when you don't have anything to wear because it's all dirrrrty.

Anyways, it's not like I don't have a ton of recipes that I want to put pen to paper on because I do. I just have to get my rear in gear. Make them, photograph them, and share them. Rear. In. Gear. Starting NOW. Which is why we're making Creamy Cucumber Dill Dip. Y'all this stuff is good. My mom originally got the recipe one year just before Thanksgiving from a recipe card that was on display in the local grocery's deli section. She made it that year as an appetizer for Turkey day, and after that it was always a requested dip anytime we were doing finger food. And then I moved out and the recipe was passed to me because I wanted it. I remember living in Wyoming, my first Thanksgiving away from home, craving this dip. Perfect for dipping veggies, bread, crackers, pita, and chips.

Creamy Cucumber Dill Dip

2 cups cucumber, shredded (you could also peel it, but I'm lazy, so I don't)
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature (I use the neufchatel kind)
2 cups swiss cheese, finely shredded
1 lemon, juiced and zested
1 tsp dried dill weed
1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced (amount all depends on how garlicky you like it. Also I use my microplane zester to get the garlic really fine)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Place shredded cucumber in a fine mesh sieve over a bowl to drain any excess liquid. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light an fluffy (just a couple minutes). Stir in drained cucumber, swiss cheese, lemon juice and zest, dill weed, and garlic. Add in the reserved cucumber liquid, one tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached (I usually add in almost all the liquid). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until needed. Or begin dipping immediately.

Source: Adapted from Kraft, found by my mom.



Comments