Marty 'da kine' Steak

When I met Adam, dinner at his house was something I had never experienced. Boxed hamburger meals, grilled chicken breasts marinaded in bottled Italian dressing, blue box mac and cheese, bagged salad, and frozen veggies were staples at meal time. Growing up at my house had been very different from this. Everything was fresh and made from scratch.


Months after Adam and I had started dating, this meal showed up on the dinner table. And I was shocked. So good. So easy. Was I really at the right house for dinner?? Apparently, they had been holding out on me. Adam's parents cooked up this amazing steak and served it with the oh-so-good fried rice. Over the next couple of years Adam's parents made this meal a few more times (usually on a night when I wasn't cooking for them). And then Adam and I moved to Wyoming.

It was in Wyoming that Adam and I first made this on our own. Doesn't really seem like a big deal, but it was. You see, I had never made this meal before and Adam holds it in the highest regard. So failure wasn't an option, but definitely a possibility. Well, everything turned out fine and of course I was worried about nothing. And since then I have made this a hundred times. And it never ever disappoints.


Marty 'da kine' Steak

2-3 lb flank steak
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
1/2 soy sauce
1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles (Optional, I add these if I have some in the fridge)

In a large bowl, lay out flank steak. Stab repeatedly with a fork to help tenderize the meat and allow it to absorb more marinade. In a small bowl, combine blue cheese dressing, soy sauce, and extra blue cheese. Pour over steak and flip to coat completely in marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place flank steak on the grill. Grill each side for 5-10 minutes (depending on your choice of done-ness). Remove from grill and tent with foil. Allow meat to rest for a minimum of 5 minutes. Slice into strips and serve.

Source: Adam's parents

Comments

  1. Hey what about the fried rice recipe to go with??? Sounds Really Great-but I will have to do this when my 3 Dudes aren't watching (its the eeeew factor when they see bleu cheese). What they don't know will stay between you and me when they taste it--Right!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely add in the blue cheese when those guys aren't looking!! And for sure they'll never taste it. The marinade does kinda look like chocolate milk though :) Also, I know you found the fried rice recipe (I linked to it in the post above where I talk about it), but for those who are also having problems finding it the link is:

      http://pantrydreams.blogspot.com/2012/06/bacon-fried-rice.html

      Delete
  2. Oh, I should have sign the comment above--Your Aunti loves you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment