Black Bean and Quinoa Salad and "Meet A Blogger Monday" Interview


Earlier this week, my friend, Amber, from If It Bakes You Happy, featured me in her "Meet A Blogger Monday" series. I answered a few questions for her and posted a recipe for Black Bean and Quinoa Salad with Cumin Lime Dressing. Quinoa is one of the most current food fads and normally I'm not a "jump-on-the-trendy-bandwagon", I absolutely love quinoa and it's super healthy properties. Similar in consistency to couscous (small, round, and pebbly), but is a whole grain. It makes a great substitute for rice, couscous, or even orzo. I've used quinoa before in stew and was totally excited to see it really shine as the main ingredient of this salad. But no worries if you don't like quinoa or can't find it in your area because you could definitely use one of the above subs (rice, etc.) instead. However, if you do have the opportunity to give quinoa a try, I suggest you don't hesitate because you don't know what you could be missing out on! So, head over to If It Bakes You Happy for this wonderful salad and to learn a little bit more about me and what goes on in my kitchen!

Comments