Balsamic Vinaigrette

I spent the weekend moving all of our stuff (which unfortunately I seem to have oodles of) into the new portion of the house, so we can demo the existing part. Then when we get the existing part finished, we can move most of our stuff back. So, right now my new living room is my temporary bedroom. And my new dining room/kitchenette is holding the rest of my stuff. Boxes of craft supplies, cds, dvds, holiday decor, camping gear, lots of artwork, a desk, a treadmill, and some miscellaneous things.

When you use your stuff it never seems like much, but when you repeatedly have to move it and stack and unstack. Well, it feels like I'm living in an episode of hoarders. And maybe I am. Do people recognize they're hoarding when they're hoarders? Hmmm, maybe recognition is the first step. Anyways, I'm in full on purge mode. So far I've recycled two huge stacks of papers and filed away four stacks.

And there's still plenty to go. So, it looks like I'll be pretty busy this week with sorting, trashing, recycling, etc. Easy dinners are where it's at the week. Thinking simple grilled chicken, potatoes/rice/quinoa and side salad. With side salads I just throw together a huge bowl of lettuce, keep toppings on the side, and make up a couple different dressings. Ranch, Wishbone Italian, Honey Mustard, and Blue Cheese are among the favorites (and most of those are in a bottle unfortunately. I'm working with the fam to go more fresh. The Wishbone Italian is going to be the real problem). I like to make a couple of vinaigrettes to provide some variety. This balsamic vinaigrette is quick and easy to mix up and not only tastes great on green salad, but also on these Antipasto Skewers and you could even use it in lieu of the balsamic vinegar and olive oil on the Caprese Skewers. Oh, and it's pretty tasty as a marinade for chicken.

Balsamic Vinaigrette

1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced (I grate it on my microplane)
1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated (also on my microplane)
1 tsp honey
salt and pepper to taste

In a small bowl add balsamic vinegar. Slowly pour in olive oil, whisking quickly the entire time. Add in mustard, garlic, Parmesan, honey, and salt and pepper. Serve.

Source: Adapted from Grant Us The Luxury

Comments