We're Back...

... and things are shifting. Slightly.

I know it's been awhile since I've written anything on here. Like 7 years awhile. Let's just say that life got crazy and hectic. And somethings just don't go as planned. Oh, and there are no all-encompassing manuals for adulting and parenthood, and life.

When I began this endeavor back in 2012 it was to keep track of the recipes I was making that we loved. I was quickly sucked into a vortex of comparing myself to every other food blogger out there; my photography, my post frequency, getting my posts shown on other websites, gaining more followers, keeping up with a social media presence, etc. It all became overwhelming. Too much to quickly. Add on top of that the fact that my oldest daughter was only 1-2 years old at the time that I was trying to accomplish all of this. And I was working two jobs.


Fast forward to now. In the last 7 years we had another kid and on top of the two jobs I was already doing in 2012, I became a consultant for Usborne Books & More, a consultant for Young Living Oils, and have a volunteer position with the children's choir that Moira sings with.

So, here's where things are going to be shifting. I've got two amazing kiddos (ages 8 and 4) who LOVE helping out in the kitchen. What I'll be sharing now and in the future are our adventures in the kitchen (which if you've ever cooked with kids can be extremely difficult and trying-- I have to constantly remind myself to have patience). I'll also share some of our favorite recipes along the way. Hopefully I'll get enough of my you-know-what together to share weekly meal plans and grocery lists!!

Here's to a fresh start, to *hopefully* keeping things going a bit longer than last time at a pace that suits me, and to loads of patience.

Comments