Tomato Avocado Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette

Here's a little bit of housekeeping: Do you use a reader to keep track of ALL the blogs you like to follow? If so, I've finally established the blog on Bloglovin. At the end of every day Bloglovin delivers ONE email to your inbox with a recap of the new posts from your favorite blogs. They also have apps for Apple and Android products, which allows you access the posts from the blogs you follow anytime you want (or you could go online via computer to access your feed). So if you're a reader-type person, go ahead and sign-up for Bloglovin and add me to your feed! Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Now that's outta the way, we can talk food. And exercise. Yes, exercise. I'm not one for it. Usually. But in the past I've held jobs where I did a ton of lifting and walking. On my feet for 8 hours a day, constantly on the move. That hasn't been the case for the last 4 years. And y'all, I'm beginning to feel stagnant. So, since I've been seemingly sediment for awhile, I'm starting off small and working my towards big. I've seen this image for the #PlankADay challenge floating around Instagram and was curious and inspired. First off, I had to research what a plank actually was (Seriously, I'm not one for working out and physical exercise). Now, I'm doing it. One day at a time. And eventually I'll start adding in new exercises to my daily routine. You can follow along with me or just watch my progress via my Instagram.

So, in addition to upping my physical activity, I've also stared to make a turn in my diet. Slightly. We eat out waaay too much. So we are trying to curb that. Also I have a really bad habit of skipping meals. Like breakfast. Or if I eat breakfast, I'll bypass lunch. And when I eat lunch, sometimes it's leftovers from dinner and sometimes it's a handful of crackers or chips or couple string cheeses. Not exactly "lunch". And sugar. The intake is higher than I like for myself, so I'm gonna take that down a couple notches. So, the hardest thing for me to do will be to correct the skipping meals and actually eating appropriately during said meals. Enter this salad. Creamy avocados, sweet tomatoes, zesty onion, and a tangy dressing. Put together in 5 minutes. And definitely easy enough that I could throw it together for an on-the-go meal. Now, you may love it as is. I did. But it definitely would be bad on a bed of your favorite greens and with a little bit of leftover grilled chicken in the mix. And the dressing makes enough for TWO of these salads at least, so save the remainder of the dressing for lunch the next day!

Tomato Avocado Salad with Lemon Dijon Vinagrette

2 medium tomatoes, halved and sliced 1/4" thick
1 avocado, halved, seed removed, peeled, and sliced 1/4" thick
1/4 of a small yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 medium lemon, zested and juiced
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

In a medium, add tomatoes, avocado, and onion. In a small bowl, quickly whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and olive oil. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over the tomatoes and avocado. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve as is or on top of your favorite greens.

Source: Elizabeth original

Comments