Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce

This recipe kind of happened by happy accident. You see, when I make roasted garlic, I usually will roast a few heads at a time. That gives me extra stashed away in my fridge for whenever and whatever I feel like tossing it in. Which one night happened to be alfredo sauce. Which I have never liked. All that thick creamy goodness tossed with thick fettuccine noodles. Let's just say I had a traumatic childhood experience that may or may not have ended in me being sent to bed early without finishing my dinner.

Anyways, I am trying to move past some of those childhood dislikes by trying those foods again. Over time. Which is why alfredo sauce made it on the to-make list. And you know what? I actually enjoyed it. Of course I didn't use fettuccine noodles (maybe that's the real problem?), I used angel hair pasta. And alfredo sauce sounds fancy, but is really easy to make. So impress your loved one on Thursday with this. Or use it as a quick weeknight meal and impress yourself, your friends, your whole family even. And you can make it yours by tossing is some grilled chicken, roasted shrimp, sliced steak, sauteed mushrooms, steamed broccoli, crispy bacon, sun dried tomatoes. Go for it and get creative. Because it's good either way.

Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce

1/4 cup butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 oz cream cheese
2 cups heavy cream
1 head roasted garlic, peeled
1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste

In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant. Add in cream cheese and stir until melted and combined. Slowly whisk in cream. Add the entire head of roasted garlic, whisking constantly to break up the soft garlic pieces and incorporate them into the sauce, about 5 minutes or until there are no more large pieces of garlic. Stir in parmesan cheese and simmer until desired consistency has been reached. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on top of a large pile of noodles.

Source: Adapted from Allrecipes

Comments

  1. Ok Elizabeth Dear--It's lunchtime here and now I'm hungry for this not my ordinary P & B sandwich! Sounds absolutely sinful, and I am certainly going to try this one ;)
    thanks, your Aunti love syou

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment