Apple Cranberry Chicken Salad

I know I've said that I don't like fruit with my meat. But let me amend that statement slightly. I don't like warm fruit with my meat. At least yet. I'll continue to try things that I've never eaten or think I don't like for the hopes that one day I will enjoy them. I mean, I like fruit salsas on tacos and sliced apples on sandwiches. So, there's hope. Anyways...now that we're into November already and Thanksgiving is almost upon us (say what?!?), I'm always on the lookout for a fabulous recipe to either have at Thanksgiving or use up the Thanksgiving leftovers. You know. Something other than a turkey sandwich. Or a repeat turkey dinner the next night.

This chicken salad is perfect for, well, anytime really. But if you're looking for a turkey day dish, this would be great as an appetizer, or even using up leftover turkey. Kind of a spin on the traditional turkey sandwich. So, mix it up and top it on crackers or little breads, fill up lettuce or phyllo cups, or heap it between two pieces of your favorite bread.

Apple Cranberry Chicken Salad

2 cups chicken (or turkey), cooked and finely chopped
1/2 cup apple, diced (I've used Granny Smith, Fuji, and Pink Lady, all with wonderful results)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1/3 cup greek yogurt
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Thoroughly mix. Serve however you prefer.

Source: Adapted from Plum Pie

Comments

  1. Ok its lunch time and now you've made my tummy rumble and my mouth start to water--an I have to wait to get home to try this. sounds like a winner!
    Your Aunti loves you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment