Roasted Sausage with Beans

Things I love about fall:

  • Cozy sweaters
  • Leaves turning colors
  • First day of school
  • Root vegetables
  • Halloween (can't wait to take Moira trick-or-treating!!)
  • Cooler weather
  • Green grass
  • Roasting anything in the oven
  • New seasons of TV shows

Things I don't love about fall:

  • Cleaning mud off the dog's paws after every time she goes out
  • Dry skin and the cracking cuticles that come with it no matter how often I moisturize
  • Shorter days and earlier evenings
  • That trapped feeling of being cooped up inside
  • Lighter dishes at meal times
  • Christmas stuff in the stores

We had one fall-like day last week, so I took full advantage of it and turned on my oven. I. Am. Ready. For. Roasting. And it's pretty fall-like today, but the rest of the week?? Back to summer. In the 90's. Which I am ok about. I still have a few summery pasta salads to try out, but when the weather is cool enough to fire up the oven for a couple hours at a time, I am there. I love the crispy texture and caramelized flavor that vegetables get when they are roasted. And that meat gets a nice crispy outside, but is so nice and juicy on the inside. Yup, fall I am soooo ready for you.

Roasted Sausage with Beans

1 1/2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
6 Italian sausages
4-6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed slightly
1 onion, cut into 1/8
2 cups cremini or white button mushrooms, halved or quartered depending on size
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
8-12 sprigs of thyme
3 cups white beans, rinsed and drained

Preheat oven to 425˚ F. In a 9x13 baking dish, place 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sausages, garlic, onion, mushrooms, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, and thyme. Toss to coat. Bake for 30 minutes. Add in remaining 1/2 cup of tomatoes and beans. Mix to thoroughly incorporate and return to oven. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.

Source: Adapted from Sweet Sugarbean


Comments