Pesto Dijon Vinaigrette

It's dreary and rainy outside. Not that that's a new thing for my neck of the woods. Oregon is known for such weather. And given the right mood I LOVE the rain. Give me a fuzzy blanket, a good book, and a hot cup of chai tea. Mmmm. Winter comfort. Today, I'm not in that mood. I'm in the "I-deperately-want-sunshine-and-summertime-bbqs" mood. I want to have people having fun in my backyard noshing on burgers, grilled chicken, corn on the cob, and salads. Potato, macaroni, green. Salads. Sigh. Today June can't get here fast enough.

So, I'll just make some summer fare and pretend. I usually don't have a problem sending Adam out in the rain or snow to fire up the grill and cook up burgers or chicken I've prepared, but today I can't. It's just that yucky outside. So, that leaves me with salad. Since potato and macaroni salads have a limited number of meals they go with, I'm looking at a green salad. Simple, easy, goes great as a side dish to almost any meal. All around, nothing too spectacular. I mean, really nothing to write home about. But the dressings. Homemade dressings. That's where the glamor and pizazz are at. And they are usually really simple too. It's really awesome how just a handful of ingredients can turn plain lettuce into something phenomenal.

Pesto Dijon Vinaigrette

1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar (white balsamic or regular white vinegar would also work just fine, if that's what you have on hand)
2 Tbsp pesto
Dash of kosher salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Whisk together until slightly thickened. Serve with your favorite salad.

Source: Adapted from The Perfect Pantry

Comments