DIY Taco Seasoning

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have time to make everything from scratch. You know, like butter, cheese, ketchup, mayonnaise, yogurt, tomato sauce, and my list could go on and on. But I'm pretty sure that even if I had that kind of time, something else would surely occupy it (laundry is always one of those things that can just suck the free time out of me).
One thing that I don't often make from scratch, but would be really easy for me to, are spice blends. I mean I'm already measuring out the ingredients anyways. Hello!! Work smarter, not harder! So, how 'bout I measure three times as much into a bowl and mix? Yup, I indeed have time for that. Plus it allows me to regulate how much sodium is going into my food, which I love. One of the spice blends I use most often is taco seasoning. I frequently purchase this because it's cheap and comes in a handy dandy little pouch. Well, I will be purchasing this no longer! Why? Because I can DIY.
DIY Taco Seasoning

4 Tbsp chili powder
3 Tbsp paprika
3 Tbsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp dried minced onion
1 Tbsp granulated garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp coarse Kosher salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Dash of cayenne pepper
Dash of crushed red chile flakes

Measure into a bowl and mix well. Store in an air tight container. Use two tablespoons for one pouch of taco seasoning.

Source: Adapted from Allrecipes and Annie's Eats

Comments