Dark Chocolate Fudge Cookies

I know, I know. It's been a while since I posted a good dessert recipe. Something totally indulgent. Well, the wait is over because I have these cookies to share with you. Crispy crunchy on the outside. Soft and chewy on the inside. Only FOUR ingredients. No waiting for butter to soften. Throws together in a couple minutes. Perfect for an after dinner dessert. Start the batter just after dinner, when everyone is still completely full from dinner (unless you have teenagers). By the time the cookies are done baking and cooling, everyone will be ready to devour these. And I promise. They will.

The hardest part? Waiting for these babies to cool completely before removing them from the baking sheet. WHY? Well, if you don't, you could lose some of the delicious gooey center. So use your will power. Be strong. Well, at least stronger than me :) Learn from my mistakes. Yup, you can see it there in the pictures. And brilliant me decided that a spatula would be a wonderful remedy to the problem. Wrong. I was wrong. Instead of cookie only being stuck to the baking sheet, it was also smeared and stuck on the spatula. So, take it from me. Let these cool completely!

Dark Chocolate Fudge Cookies

3 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
4 large egg whites
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350˚ F. In a large bowl, stir together powdered sugar and cocoa powder. With a wooden spoon, mix in eggs whites until batter is thoroughly combined and completely moist. Stir in chocolate chips. Allow batter to sit for 10 minutes. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Place 1 tablespoon of batter every couple inches on prepared baking sheets. I was able to fit 6 cookies per sheet. Bake for 11-14 minutes. Cookies with have a cracked, shiny appearance. Allow to cool completely before removing from the baking sheet.

Source: Adapted from Recipe Girl

Comments

  1. I love sweets that's why I stop over here, but I have to check my pantry doors if the ingredients are available.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment