Crunchy Peanut Butter Brownies

Now if you follow me on Facebook, then you are totally expecting this. Possibly waiting? I promised last week after posting the Plain Chocolate Brownies that I would show you something fantastic you could do with it. And this is it. Crunchy Peanut Butter Brownies. I have some other recipes in the works, but I have to give my family a break from brownies (at least for a couple weeks) otherwise we're all gonna end up with brownie thighs. Well, maybe just me. Adam will end up with brownie belly.

Anyways... this recipe is addicting. Seriously. And that's if the brownies even make it to the point where you can top them with all the delicious peanut buttery chocolatey goodness. You might have half a pan of plain brownies disappear before you can even get out the ingredients to make the topping. Not speaking for personal experience or anything. Just warning you of a potential situation.

I spied this recipe on not one, but two other blogs. Each recipe was slightly different, but the same general idea. Well, of course I kinda took a little bit from one and a little bit from the other, plus made some of my own changes...

Crunchy Peanut Butter Brownies

1 batch plain brownies (could be your favorite boxed kind, but I highly recommend these ones right HERE)
1 cup peanut butter cups, cut into 1/2" chunks (I used the small one in the gold wrapper and cut them into quarters)
1 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups rice krispie cereal

Make your brownies according to the directions in a 9x13 baking dish. After removing brownies from the oven, immediately top them with peanut butter cups and mini marshmallows. The heat of the fresh baked brownies should melt the peanut butter cups and marshmallows, adhering them to the brownies. If they don't seem to be melting, return to warm oven for 5 minutes. Now, if you're like me and get distracted by life right after removing the brownies from the oven, and your brownies cool too much, top with peanut butter cups and marshmallows and place under the broiler until marshmallows become gooey and begin to brown (I like that it kinda added a slight toasted marshmallow flavor). In a double boiler or a microwave safe bowl, melt peanut butter and chocolate chips together. Mix in peanuts and cereal. Pour over the top of the brownies and spread into an even layer. Refrigerate for a minimum of two hours. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before cutting.

Source: Adapted from Pip and Ebby and Brown Eyed Baker

Comments

  1. Oh My Elizabeth --- I just gained 10 pounds reading this! Anyhow will try this on my 3 Dudes. Into my "Pantry Dream" recipe binder this goes.
    Your Aunti Loves you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment